Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Summer That Was 2010

Hello Brooklyn, happy Saturday! Labor Day weekend is now in full swing which means that the summer that was 2010 is practically over! With everything that's been happening in NYC over the past few weeks, i.e. the construction of the "Ground Zero Mosque," hate crimes against Muslims and Mexicans, and most recently, a young girl dying from an asthma attack because a police officer failed to administer CPR; I know you're probably wondering why I have been silent!

Well, Brooklyn, it's not that I didn't find these events blog worthy, I've just had a difficult time processing that which has transpired. Is it just me or does my beloved city seem as though it's headed for self-destruction?

My hope is that as the heat fades and the seasons change, so do the attitudes of my fellow New Yorkers, bringing an end to the random, senseless acts of violence. Over the next few weeks, I'll be sure to weigh in on all of these issues and give you my persective. But for now, I'd like everyone to be safe and enjoy the holiday weekend!

Happy Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment